How to use
How to use ArcGIS samples for help on running the sample.
- Start the sample application. The default globe texture map is loaded if no command line arguments are specified.
- Alternatively, pass in the location of a globe texture map as the first parameter.
- Wait for the globe texture file to load.
- Click the Set Sun Position button on the toolbar, click the globe, and move the cursor around the globe while pressing the mouse button.
- Click the navigation button (the first button on the toolbar).
- Pan the globe by dragging it while pressing the mouse button. Note that the other side of the globe is dark.
- Optionally, experiment with the code to change light characteristics, such as ambience and contrast values.
- Optionally, add other attributes, such as sun color.
If you installed the samples feature,
you will find the files associated with this sample in <Your Developer Kit install location>\DeveloperKit10.4\Java\Samples\ArcObjects.
||Sets up the user interface (UI) and ensures licensing is correct.
||Code necessary to create a custom tool.
|Engine Developer Kit
||Engine: 3D Analyst
||ArcGIS for Desktop Basic: 3D Analyst