How to use
See How to use ArcGIS samples for help on running the sample.
- Start the sample application.
- Click Open to load a map document into the PageLayout control.
- Click the Map Surrounds toolbar menu. NorthArrow, ScaleBar and ScaleText are listed.
- Click NorthArrow and drag a rectangle on the page layout frame. A dialog box populated with various types of north arrow symbols opens.
- Click a north arrow and click OK. The north arrow is added to the page layout.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 using ScaleBar and ScaleText to add a scale bar and scale text to the page layout.
If you installed the samples feature, you will find the files associated with this sample in <Your Developer Kit install location>\DeveloperKit10.4\Java\Samples\ArcObjects.
|symbologybean/AddMapSurrounds.java||Loads a frame with Map, TOC, and Toolbar controls, and a toolbar menu with different map surrounds as menu items.|
|symbologybean/tools/NorthArrowTool.java||Creates a custom tool to handle various mouse events and calls SymbologyFrame when NorthArrow is clicked.|
|symbologybean/tools/CreateScaleBarTool.java||Creates a custom tool to handle various mouse events and calls SymbologyFrame when ScaleBar is clicked.|
|symbologybean/tools/CreateScaleTextTool.java||Creates a custom tool to handle various mouse events and calls SymbologyFrame when ScaleText is clicked.|
|symbologybean/ui/SymbologyFrame.java||Opens a dialog box with north arrow, scale bar, or scale text symbols (depending on the item clicked on the toolbar menu).|
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Basic|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Standard|
|ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced|