Generating code for a geoprocessing tool
In Eclipse, you can generate Java code for a geoprocessing tool. The appropriate wrapper classes will be created to call from your code. The tool can be stored in any of the following:
- Toolbox (*.tbx)
- Personal geodatabase (*.mdb)
- File geodatabase
- Enterprise geodatabase in ArcSDE
Do the following steps to generate code for a geoprocessing tool:
Click ArcGIS, click Geoprocessing Tool Code Generator, and click the container for your tool. See the following screen shot:
- Click Browse to navigate to the container in which your tool is located.
- Choose a toolbox from the drop-down list. See the following screen shot:
- Select each tool from which to generate code and choose a project, then type a package name.
- Click Generate Code to finish. See the following screen shot:
|Development licensing||Deployment licensing|
|Engine Developer Kit||Engine|