Доступно с лицензией Data Interoperability.
A custom format is a translation workspace that is exported from FME Workbench as a format and utilized in the FME reader gallery. It is saved to an external .fds file and can be imported to reader galleries on other desktops.
There are two ways to create a custom format:
- In FME Workbench , click File > Export as Custom Format on the main menu.
- In FME Reader Gallery, click the New button and use Create Custom Format Wizard.
Creating a custom format adds the format to the FME reader gallery. Once created, subsequent uses of the gallery allow you to edit the format in FME Workbench or delete it from the list. Deleting a custom format removes the .fds file from your desktop.
Possible uses include the following:
- Using a custom format with an interoperability connection to read specialized GML application schema
- Working with the most current view of nonnative data that is routinely revised by others
- Delivering data to someone who simply needs to view the data, without understanding how the data has been processed
- Working with comma-delimited text files as line features and attributes
Where to find custom format files
By default, custom formats are saved in the following locations:
|Operating system||Folder location|
C:\Documents and Settings\<login name>\My Documents\FME\Formats
Windows Vista and Windows 7
C:\Users\<login name>\My Documents\FME\Formats\