- ArcGIS for Desktop includes many components. See the What's included for a list of ArcGIS for Desktop components.
- Review the system requirements for the component.
- Administrative privileges are required for installing.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required.
- Download and install the component. If upgrading, review Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3.1. For help see the corresponding installation guide.
- Obtain your software authorization numbers and authorize the software. If using a Concurrent Use license, you will need an ArcGIS 10.3.1 License Manager, which can be used for all ArcGIS 10.x Concurrent Use licenses. See the ArcGIS License Manager quick start guide and the License Manager reference guide for more information.
Visit ArcGIS for Desktop for access to additional resources such as documentation and support.
ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Desktop includes the following components:
- ArcGIS Uninstall Utility- Utility to assist in removing ArcGIS products prior to 10.1 in preparation for installing ArcGIS 10.3.1.
- ArcGIS for Desktop- Installation for Basic, Standard, and Advanced editions of ArcGIS for Desktop and optional ArcGIS extension products.
- ArcGIS for Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)- Installation for background geoprocessing in 64-bit.
- Database Server (Desktop)- Installation for SQL Server Express instance to store geodatabases.
- ArcGIS License Manager (Windows and Linux)- This version is required to run ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Desktop and Engine with Concurrent Use licensing. It also supports all other ArcGIS 10.x Concurrent Use releases.
- ArcReader- Desktop mapping application that allows users to view, explore, and print maps and globes.
- ArcGIS Tutorial Data for Desktop- Data used with ArcGIS Desktop tutorials.
Additional licensed extensions available as separate downloads:
- ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Desktop - Enables ArcGIS to read and process over 115 GIS and CAD formats supported by Safe Software's FME.
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop- Provides tools to manage quality control and makes data quality a component of your overall data management strategy.
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop- Application for defining and executing processes, configuring workflow and managing resources to suit your business needs.
- ArcObjects SDK for Microsoft .NET Framework - Documentation and sample code for Microsoft .NET Framework developers customizing and extending ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS for Desktop, and ArcGIS for Server.
- ArcObjects SDK for Java- Documentation, tools, and sample code for Java Platform developers customizing and extending ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS for Desktop, and ArcGIS for Server.
The following are also available with ArcGIS for Desktop and can be found under the Additional Products download section.
- DBMS Support Files- Client libraries and databases to be used to directly connect to geodatabases.
- Data and Maps for ArcGIS- Many types of map data at many scales of geography. The HTML-based Help system found within this ISO contains information about Data & Maps including a complete list of the redistribution rights for each dataset.
Language Packs - Available Summer 2015:
The following ArcGIS components have localized setups. Language pack setups are also available to apply additional languages to existing installations of the component.
- ArcGIS for Desktop
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop
Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.3.1
- The ArcGIS 10.3.1 setup package is designed to detect and upgrade an existing installation of the same ArcGIS product. The settings for the installation location, license manager (for Concurrent Use), or authorization information (for Single Use) are retained in the upgrade. See the installation guide for more information on installation upgrades, new installations, or installations over versions prior to 10.1, which are not supported by the upgrade process.
- Existing ArcGIS 10.1-10.3 authorization numbers will work with ArcGIS 10.3.1.
- ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Single Use: If ArcGIS 10.3.1 will be installed on a machine that is different from where a previous ArcGIS 10.x product is currently installed and you wish to use the existing ArcGIS 10.1 - 10.3 authorization number for ArcGIS 10.3.1, the previous ArcGIS 10.x product must first be deauthorized before authorizing ArcGIS 10.3.1.
Obtaining software authorization numbers
If needed, your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from the My Esri site. After signing in with your Esri Account, click My Organizations > Licensing > Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number. You can also click on 'Show Filter Options' and type in the name of the product.
The license version on authorizations eligible for use with ArcGIS 10.3.1 will display as 10.1 – 10.3.1 under Authorizations. For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.