- ArcGIS Desktop includes many components. See What's included for a list of components.
- Review the ArcGIS system requirements for the component.
- Administrative privileges are required for installation.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later is required.
- Download and install the component. If upgrading, review Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.5.1.
- Obtain your software authorization numbers and authorize the software. If using a Concurrent Use license, you will need ArcGIS License Manager 10.5.1, which can be used for all ArcGIS 10.x Concurrent Use licenses. See the ArcGIS License Manager quick start guide and the License Manager reference guide for more information.
- See ArcGIS Desktop for access to additional resources, such as documentation and support.
ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 includes the following components:
- ArcGIS Desktop—Installation for Basic, Standard, and Advanced editions of ArcGIS Desktop, and optional ArcGIS extension products.
- ArcGIS Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64 bit)—Installation for background geoprocessing in 64 bit.
- Database Server (Desktop)—Installation for SQL Server Express instance to store geodatabases.
- ArcGIS License Manager (Windows and Linux)—This version is required to run ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 and ArcGIS Engine 10.5.1 with Concurrent Use licensing. It also supports all other ArcGIS 10.x Concurrent Use releases.
- ArcReader—Desktop mapping application that allows users to view, explore, and print maps and globes.
- ArcGIS Tutorial Data for Desktop—Data used with ArcGIS Desktop tutorials.
- ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data—Contains the data files required for the GEOCON transformation method and vertical transformation files for the United States (VERTCON and GEOID12B) and the world (EGM2008).
Additional licensed extensions are available as separate downloads:
- ArcGIS Data Interoperability—Enables ArcGIS to read and process over 115 GIS and CAD formats supported by Safe Software's FME.
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer—Provides tools to manage quality control and makes data quality a component of your overall data management strategy.
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager—An application for defining and executing processes, configuring workflows, and managing resources to suit your business needs.
The following developer tools are available:
- ArcObjects SDK for Microsoft .NET Framework—Documentation and sample code for Microsoft .NET Framework developers customizing and extending ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS Desktop, and ArcGIS Server.
- ArcObjects SDK for Java—Documentation, tools, and sample code for Java Platform developers customizing and extending ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS Desktop, and ArcGIS Server.
The following are also available with ArcGIS Desktop and can be found under the Products or other download sections:
- DBMS Support Files—Client libraries and databases to be used to directly connect to geodatabases.
- Data and Maps for ArcGIS—Many types of map data at many scales of geography. The HTML-based help system found within this ISO contains information about Data and Maps, including a complete list of the redistribution rights for each dataset.
The following ArcGIS components have localized setups. Language pack setups are also available to apply additional languages to existing installations of the component.
- ArcGIS Desktop
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager
Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.5.1
- The ArcGIS 10.5.1 setup package is designed to detect and upgrade an existing installation of the same ArcGIS product. The settings for the installation location, license manager (for Concurrent Use), or authorization information (for Single Use) are retained in the upgrade. See the installation guide for more information on installation upgrades, new installations, or installations over versions earlier than 10.1, which are not supported by the upgrade process.
- Existing ArcGIS 10.1–10.5 authorization numbers will work with ArcGIS 10.5.1.
- ArcGIS 10.5.1 for Single Use—If ArcGIS 10.5.1 will be installed on a machine that is different from where an earlier ArcGIS 10.x product is currently installed and you want to use the existing ArcGIS 10.1–10.5 authorization number for ArcGIS 10.5.1, the earlier version of an ArcGIS 10.x product must first be deauthorized before authorizing ArcGIS 10.5.1.
Obtaining software authorization numbers
If needed, your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from My Esri. After signing in with your Esri Account, click My Organizations > Licensing > View Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number.
The license version on authorizations eligible for use with ArcGIS 10.5.1 will display as 10.1–10.5.1 under View Authorizations. For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.