Workspace filter restricts the type of workspaces that are allowed for the model parameter. Workspace filter is a list of allowable workspace types such as
- File System
- A system folder, used to store shapefiles, coverages, INFO tables, and grids
- A personal or file geodatabase
- Remote Database
- An ArcSDE database connection
More than one value can be supplied. Follow the steps to set a workspace filter for a model parameter:
- In the Catalog window or ArcToolbox window, right-click the model tool and click Properties. Or do one of the following:
- In the ModelBuilder menu, click Model > Model Properties.
- Right-click anywhere on the model diagram and click Model Properties.
- Click the Parameters tab.
- Select the workspace parameter for which you want to apply the filter, click the cell next to the parameter for filter, choose the Workspace filter from the drop-down list, then click OK.
- This opens the workspace filter window. Uncheck the workspace type that you do not want to allow and click OK.