Available with 3D Analyst license.
The default symbol properties can be preset so your point, line, polygon, and text graphics are drawn a certain way every time. Properties you can set defaults for include color, size, and font. For example, when you set the properties for a line symbol, you'll choose them from the Symbol Selector dialog box and have access to any line symbol from any available style.
In ArcGlobe, you can also set the default viewing options such as draping the element as an image or billboarding the element. Also, you can apply illumination to the graphic elements. Listed below are some of the viewing options and lighting properties that can be applied to different graphic elements in ArcGlobe. None of the options below are supported in ArcScene.
( supported, not supported)
|Graphic elements →
- Properties such as Billboard, Pin to surface, and Illuminate can only be applied to vector graphic elements.
- Digitizing a 3D point graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 3D line graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 3D polygon graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 2D text graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 3D text graphic in ArcGlobe
- Changing defaults of a 2D text graphic in ArcGlobe
- Changing defaults of a 3D text graphic in ArcGlobe