Available with 3D Analyst license.
You can set font information, such as font color and type, before adding text graphics. You can also set the display options, such as drawing the text as a draped image or vector. For more information, see Setting defaults for 3D graphics.
- Click the Text graphics arrow on the Globe 3D Graphics toolbar.
- Click the Text tool to add 2D text.
- Click the location on the surface or object where you want the text to be placed.
A text box appears in which you can enter your text.
- Type the text you want to display and press ENTER.
The 2D text appears at the location you clicked. By default, 2D text is billboarded to face the viewer.
- To change how the 2D text graphic is displayed, you can choose one or a combination of these options:
- Pin to surface—Pin the graphic to the globe surface.
- Rasterize—The 2D text is draped over the globe surface to conform to it.
- Billboarded—Text is displayed at a constant pixel size and always faces the viewer.
Pin to surface
Select the text using the Select Graphics tool , right-click the element, then click Pin to surface.
Select the text using the Select Graphics tool , right-click the element, then click Rasterize Graphic.
When the 2D text is rasterized, it is displayed in map units.
2D text is billboarded to face the viewer by default.