Available with 3D Analyst license.
You can set the default symbol properties for 3D graphics ahead of time so your points, lines, polygons, and text graphics draw a certain way every time.
In addition to color, size and symbol choice, you can also set default viewing options and illumination properties for different graphic elements.
- Click Graphics on the Globe 3D Graphics toolbar and click Default Element Properties.
- Click the Marker, Line, or Polygon button to set default properties for a point, line, or polygon symbol, respectively.
- Click Color or Size on the Symbol tab to change basic properties of a symbol.
- Optionally, click Change Symbol to access additional symbol properties and styles.
- Click the Effects tab to set additional Viewing Options and Lighting Properties including the following:
- Rasterizes the graphic element and fully drapes its interior over the surface.
- For 3D line graphics only if you combine Display as draped image and Pin to surface the line will display as draped, surface hugging vectors.
- Vector graphic elements are pinned to the globe surface by default. This will fix the point or the vertices of a line graphic to the underlying globe surface. Pin to surface is only supported for marker, line, and text graphics.
- Checking the Fixed screen size option will not scale vector point graphic elements when you zoom in and out. If the option is left unchecked, the point graphic element will stay the same size in relation to the globe as you zoom in and out.
- Click OK on all dialog boxes.
|Display as draped image
|Display as vector
Only available to vector graphics elements, illumination uses the lighting settings on the Globe Properties dialog box to shade areas, giving a greater sense of depth and realism.
- Digitizing a 3D point graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 3D line graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 3D polygon graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 2D text graphic in ArcGlobe
- Digitizing a 3D text graphic in ArcGlobe
- Changing defaults of a 2D text graphic in ArcGlobe
- Changing defaults of a 3D text graphic in ArcGlobe