Collections capture features that are either associated with other features or aggregated to make a higher-level feature. During the normal process of maintaining data, you may need to add to an existing collection. This may be a result of receiving new source data that updates the available information related to features in a collection.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Nautical.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Relationship Manager button on the Nautical toolbar.
The Relationship Manager window appears. It is blank by default.
- You can choose to customize your view. Go to Working with the Relationship Manager window for more information.
- Select the feature you want to add from the data frame.
- On the main menu, click Edit > Copy.
- Right-click the collection object you want to append to in the Relationship Manager window and click Append.