Symbols are used to display real-world objects in a way that is meaningful to those who use charts for navigation. The ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting uses tools in the Nautical Symbology toolbar and feature class representations to apply symbology.
- Start ArcMap.
- Open the product map document if necessary.
Ensure all layers to be symbolized have been added to the map document.
For example, features from the CartographicFeatures feature dataset.
- In the Table Of Contents window, click the List By Drawing Order button.
- Ensure you are in the appropriate edit version for all feature classes to calculate symbology.
- Select all layers in the Table Of Contents window .
- On the Nautical Symbology toolbar, click Symbology > Calculate (All).
Representation rules and text fields are assigned to all features.