The Notes Editor tool allows you to delete notes. This includes deleting a note for multiple selected features within the same feature class. Deleting a note detaches it from a feature; it does not delete the note from the note tables in the DNC geodatabase. Unless you want to change a note for all its associated features, it is recommended that you add a new note to a feature and delete the unwanted note from it.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, set up the DNC production environment.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select features that have notes you want to delete.
- Click the Notes Editor button on the Nautical DNC toolbar.
The Notes Editor dialog box appears.
- Click a feature ID in the tree on the left side of the Notes Editor dialog box to view notes associated with that feature.
- To delete a note, use one of the following options:
To delete a note for a single feature
Right-click the feature in the tree with notes you want to delete and click Add\Edit Note.
To delete a note for multiple features
Right-click the feature class in the tree with notes you want to delete and click Add\Edit Note.
A check box list and a text box become visible in the Notes Editor dialog box.
- In the list in the Notes Editor dialog box, find the note you want to delete.
- Uncheck the check box for the note you want to delete.
- Click Update.
For a single feature, the note is removed from the list in the top text box of the Notes Editor dialog box. For multiple features, the note in question is unchecked. The note still appears in the list, because it has been detached from the feature, not removed from the DNC geodatabase's note tables.
- Click Cancel to exit note edit mode.