NTM files can describe geometry modifications, including moving a shape from one position to another. You use the Relocate command on the Notice to Mariners dialog box to perform the geometry update.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, set up the DNC production environment.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Notice To Mariners button on the Nautical DNC toolbar.
- Navigate to the location of the parsed NGA text file and click Select.
The Notice to Mariners dialog box appears.
- Click the Target Layer drop-down arrow and choose a target layer.
- Right-click the reference number and click Relocate.
A message box appears that designates the from and to locations for the feature.
- Click OK.
The geometry moves to its new location.