To find and select an existing feature in the target template, use the Select command on the context menu of the Notice to Mariners dialog box.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, set up the DNC production environment.
- Click the Notice To Mariners button on the Nautical DNC toolbar.
- Navigate to the location of the parsed NGA text file and click Select.
The Notice to Mariners dialog box appears.
- Click the Target Layer drop-down arrow and choose a target layer.
- If necessary, add or remove fields in the Notice to Mariners dialog box.
- Right-click a reference number for a notice whose action is not Add, and click Select.
If the feature is found in the target layer, the map display zooms to the feature, selects it, and adds a red X NTM graphic to it.
If no features are found, a message box appears that informs you no features can be found within 10 percent of the extent shown in the XY field. A red X marker appears at the x,y location of the extent searched. You can change the search radius by changing the pixel size on the Selection Options dialog box.