With the latest release, ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting added tools, enhanced functionality, and deprecated functionality.
New at 10.3.1 patches
The following enhancements have been added:
- DNC Conflation help topic—New guide books documentation that describes how to combine multiple sources of information about a feature into a single record.
- Advanced SQL Calculator—You can now calculate a field value to null on the Field Calculator dialog box.
- Advanced SQL Calculator—Now supports layers with definition queries.
- The Data Migration workflow is now named the Edgematch Charts workflow.
- The Production Mapping Data Loader tool and Notes Migration tool are now replaced by the Edgematch Charts workflow.
- Advanced SQL Calculator—This tool will be moved from ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting to Esri Production Mapping.
- The DNC production and DNC enterprise production guide books have been updated to reflect these changes.
- A new DNC toolset has now been added to the Nautical Tools toolbox. It contains the DNC To Geodatabase tool.
- DNC To Geodatabase is a new tool in the Nautical Tools toolbox that imports DNC formats into a DNC NIS geodatabase.
- A new DNC NIS data model has been added to the DNC production workflow. It supports enterprise geodatabase production, where all scales can be stored in a single database.
- Checkout DNC Nautical Replica is a new tool on the Nautical DNC toolbar that allows you to edit a subset of data from the enterprise DNC NIS in a file geodatabase child replica.
- The Nautical DNC toolbar now has the Synchronize Changes tool.
- A new DNC enterprise guide book has been created to help you with the enterprise production of DNC.
- Checkout Nautical Replica is a new tool on the Nautical toolbar that allows you to edit a subset of data from the enterprise NIS in a file geodatabase child replica.
- Repair Nautical Data is a new geoprocessing tool in the Validation toolset that runs selected data repair processes on a database with the Nautical schema.
- Import S-57 To Geodatabase is a new geoprocessing tool that supports importing S-57 files with updates.
- IENC 2.3 is now supported and the S-57 object finder has been updated to include the new objects.
- The PRSP value of the ENC workspace has been changed to NIS to support NIS editing behavior.
New at 10.3.1
- AML 2.1 is supported.
- The Sample Export option for exporting an S-57 product now uses data from the Table Of Contents window; it uses the data source from the first layer listed.
- The Notes Editor now supports adding notes to Ecrtext per NGA Bulletin 108.
The Suspend Refresh tool on the Nautical Editing Cartography toolbar has been removed.
New at 10.3 Patch 1
Advanced SQL Calculator is a new tool on the Nautical toolbar that allows you to query features across an entire database, or multiple databases, using an SQL expression and presents the results in a tabular format.
New at 10.3
New functionality and enhancements
The following new tools and enhancements have been added:
- AOI Loader is a new command available on the Customize dialog box that loads an S-57 cell's coverage areas into a product library database.
- The Nautical Information System (NIS) property was moved from the Nautical Properties on the Production Properties dialog box to the Product Library window. You can now access it from the Product Library tree view by right-clicking a solution, class, series, product, or instance.
- Chart Automation has been separated into two geoprocessing tools. The Product Library Chart Automation tool runs selected chart finishing processes on a nautical chart product created with the product library. The new Chart Automation tool runs selected chart finishing processes on a production database with the Nautical Chart schema.
- The Source Features parameter was changed to Source Polygons in the Generate Cartographic Limits tool.
- Generate Cartographic Limits and Generate Light Sectors functionality is also available as two of the chart finishing processes in the Chart Automation and Product Library Chart Automation tools.
- Unit Conversion and Rounding Rules are no longer required to use the product. The associated fields have been removed from the product workspace XMLs.
- Paper charts now use a file geodatabase.
- ENC products don't require enterprise geodatabases.
The Nautical S-57 toolbar was removed and the tools in it deprecated. The functionality that these tools provided is now automated:
- Update Primitives
- S-57 Spatial Coder
- Group Selected Soundings
- Select a Sounding Group
- Append Soundings
The following functionality was also deprecated:
- ArcSDE was replaced by geoprocessing tools, and the administrative guide books were updated to reflect the changes.
- The Add DNC Annotation tool on the Nautical DNC toolbar in ArcMap was removed. You can add DNC annotation using ArcGIS for Desktop annotation tools.
- The Convert VPF Data To Geodatabase tool was removed from the Nautical DNC toolbar. The functionality was replaced with the VPF To Geodatabase geoprocessing tool in the Production Mapping toolbox.
- The Import Existing Cell from the New Nautical Product wizard was removed.
- Postpone Database Creation was removed from the New Nautical Product wizard for ENCs.
- Define M_CSCL was removed from the New Nautical Product wizard for ENCs.
- SQL Server Express workflows are not supported.
- Group Soundings Type was removed from the Nautical Properties pane on the Production Properties dialog box.
- AML is not supported in this release.
- Product libraries with SQL Enterprise .mdf storage are no longer supported.
- The Notes Migration tool will be deprecated and no longer necessary in the new Edgematch Charts workflow at 10.4.
- The Data Conversion cross-reference databases will be deprecated at 10.4 and will be replaced by the Edgematch Charts workflow.