Available with Production Mapping license.
When a relationship class has been created between a table and feature class, you can associate the table rows with features. This creates a link between the table row and the feature. Adding a new related object to a feature automatically creates a new record in the table and links the feature with a new row in the table. If the relationship is many to many, the same record can be associated with all the features you select. If it is a one-to-one or one-to-many relationship, you may only be able to associate the record with one feature.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Select the feature to which you want to add a related table row.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand the feature node and view the relationship class.
- Right-click the relationship class and click Add New.
A new record appears in the table for the related feature.