The Select a Redline on the Map functionality allows roadway characteristic editors the ability to add events to redlines. It provides them the ability to characterize the roadway with the appropriate attributes before the LRS editor has added or fixed the route in the LRS so their workflow is not impeded by having an incorrect LRS route based on current information. For more information on redlines, see Redlining a route.
You can use the following steps to add linear events using redlines. A redline with the following attributes is used for this example.
- Open a web browser and browse to Roadway Characteristics Editor.
- On the Edit tab, in the Edit Events group, click Point Events.The Add Point Events dialog box appears.
- Select the event layer you want to edit from the Event Layer drop-down list.
- Click the Network (LRM) drop-down arrow and select the network that will serve as a source LRM for defining the input measures for the new point events.
- Use the Select a Redline on the Map tool to pick the redline from the map or click the drop-down arrow for the Redline text box and choose the Choose Redline option; then type the route ID for which the new event measures will be provided.
The redline will be highlighted on the map.
- Enter a measure of the intended location for the new point event along the route using any one of the following methods:
- Type the values in the Measure text box.
- Use the Select a Location on the Map tool to pick a route measure on the map.
- Select the Use the Route Start or Use the Route End option using the drop-down arrow from the Measure text box.
The values will be populated with the geometric length of the redline. A red cross symbol is dropped at the selected location on the map.
- Choose the start date that will define the start date of the event.
- Click the Start Date drop-down arrow to choose the start date using a calendar.
- Check the Use route start date check box to use the start date of the route.
- Choose the end date that will define the end date of the event.
- Click the End Date drop-down arrow to choose the end date using a calendar.
- Check the Use route end date check box to use the end date of the route.
- Click Next.
- Follow steps 9 through 11 from Adding point events by route and measure to enter and save the attributes for the event.
The new point event is now created on the redline and displayed on the map.