When editing data from an enterprise geodatabase, you may want to reconcile or post edits from one version to another. These tasks can be accomplished using the Reconcile and Post feature within Roadway Characteristics Editor (RCE) by following the steps below.
- Open a web browser and browse to Roadway Characteristics Editor.
- On the Review tab, in the Versioning group, click Reconcile & Post.
The Reconcile and Post dialog box appears.
- If your map layers come from more than one database, click the Edit Version drop-down arrow to select which database version is the child.
- Click the Target Version drop-down arrow to select which database version is the parent.
- Check the Release all locks on post check box if you want all event locks acquired during editing to be released when posting.
- If you want to only reconcile the data from your target version, click Reconcile.
The Reconcile and Post tool does not handle conflict detection. If there are conflicts between the edit and target version, an error message will appear and Reconcile and Post will fail. Under this circumstance, conflict resolution must be done using ArcMap. If Roads and Highways conflict prevention is enabled, conflicts on routes and events will not be introduced.