The Select Events by Route widget in the Roadway Characteristics Editor allows you to select events by specifying their proximity to an associated route. The events can be edited and you can browse to them once they are selected.
- Open a web browser and browse to Roadway Characteristics Editor.
- Click the Edit tab and in the Selection group, click the Select drop-down arrow to choose the Select by Route tool.
The Select by Route dialog box appears.
- Click the Layer drop-down arrow and choose an event layer.
This is the event layer from which you will select events.
Additionally, you can navigate the list of layers by keystroke. For example, press S key in the drop-down menu to jump to the first layer in your list that begins with the letter s.
- The network associated with the event is selected automatically, but you can choose another network using the Network (LRM) drop-down list.
- Provide a route ID (DOT_ID in this case) of the route on which the events are located. Alternatively, use the Select a Route on the Map tool to select the route on the map.
- Optionally provide the From Measure value of the route in the From Measure text box.
The selection can be constrained to events that intersect a specified From and To measure on a route by entering these values.
- Optionally provide the To Measure value of the route in the To Measure text box.
In cases where the From and To route measures are not provided, those events associated with the selected route will be highlighted.
- Click Select.
- Those events within the From and To measures of the given route will be highlighted on the map.
- The results are also shown in a tabular format where the event records can be edited. For more information, see Editing events in the selection table.