This Schematics version allows you to display schematic diagrams stored in pre-10 schematic datasets, but no change can be saved for the diagrams; that is, even if an editing session can be started on the schematic diagrams, edits cannot be saved. Also, updating schematic diagrams or generating new schematic diagrams in pre-10 schematic datasets are operations that cannot not be done using this version. In the same way, even if Schematic Dataset Editor allows reading pre-10 schematic dataset configuration parameters, no edits can be saved.
To be able to get the full Schematics functions to operate on a pre-10 schematic dataset, you must migrate this schematic dataset into a new schematic dataset.
The following explains how to migrate pre-10 schematic datasets:
- Preparing the pre-10 schematic dataset focuses on the pretreatments that can be done in pre-10 schematic datasets before they are migrated.
- Migrating a pre-10 schematic dataset explains how to configure the Migrate to the current Schematics version dialog box.
- Filtering the schematic diagrams to migrate explains how you can filter the schematic diagrams you want to migrate.
- Recommendations when migrating large schematic datasets provides some advice and recommendations to migrate schematic datasets containing a large number of schematic diagrams.
- Migration results details how the pre-10 schematic components are migrated during the process.