The update processes of a schematic diagram generated by the Standard builder, the Network Dataset builder, or the XML builder are different. But there are strong common points:
- Updating a schematic diagram is fully or partially synchronizing its content with the input data used to initially generate it.
- In all cases, the update first impacts the content of the schematic dataset where the schematic features are stored before the changes are reflected in the diagram.
- In some cases, the input data used for update can be completely or partially different from the initial input.
- In all cases, after update, the schematic features that were in the diagram before update and still there after update keep their saved geometry if the diagram has been previously laid out.
This help book covers several points:
- Knowing when schematic diagrams need to be updated and which update option must be used to reflect the expected changes in the diagram
- Knowing about schematic diagram updates when the input data comes from a versioned geodatabase
- Understanding more about the different schematic builder update processes via update samples