Available with Workflow Manager license.
Workflow Manager package (.wpk) is a compressed file containing job components and gives you the ability to share the elements of yourWorkflow Manager database with colleagues in your organization or other ArcGIS users. The package can be shared via email or by copying and pasting to other locations on your internal network. Alternatively, you can share your package with a much wider audience by sharing through your ArcGIS Online account and Portal for ArcGIS. Once you have uploaded your package to your online account, you can share it within your private groups or with everyone.
The job components that can be shared as Workflow Managerpackage are Job Types, Workflows, and Step Types. The hierarchy element packages the supporting elements, thus the job type packages the workflow and the step types. Similarly, the workflow will package the step types too.
If a step type references system tools, the path is automatically updated when the package is imported to a different version of ArcGIS. The models, scripts, and custom tools referenced in step types are packaged, along with the step types, when the package is imported. They are imported into the default Workflow Manager folder, and the path in step type is automatically redirected to this folder.
- Open Workflow Manager Administrator and connect to your Workflow Manager database.
- In the Workflow Manager Administrator, browse to the Job Types folder under Job Components.
The list should show all the currently configured Job Types.
- Select the job type you would like to share, right-click, and click Share As Workflow Manager Package.
The Workflow Package dialog box appears.
- Click Item Description to provide more descriptive information for your package.
- Fill out a summary text that describes the workflow package.
- Select from existing tags or specify new tags.
- Optionally, you can provide a description, access, use constraints, and credits.
- Click Sharing to sign in to ArcGIS.com.
The ArcGIS Online Sign In dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a valid Esri Global Account and click Sign In.
- On the Sharing page, select the groups with which you want to share your package and click the Share button.
A message will appear to confirm a successful upload.