This topic describes the property listed in the Input address fields section of the Address Locator Properties dialog box.
Learn more about modifying an address locator's settings
Input address fields
When you geocode a table of addresses using the Geocode Addresses dialog box, the locator searches for the input field names in the table. The names listed in the Input address fields section are automatically recognized by the locator. You can add the names of the fields in your address table to the locator so that the fields are recognized and selected. If the fields are not recognized, you need to manually select the fields.
Depending on the locator style that was used for building the locator, the number of input fields and their names can vary. You can add or remove field names for each input field by following the steps below:
- On the Address Locator Properties dialog box, expand the Input address fields section.
- Click the Ellipsis button at the end of the list of field names.
The Input Fields dialog box opens.
- Click the Add button on the Input Fields dialog box.
The Field Name to Recognize dialog box opens.
- Type the name in the Field name text box on the Field Name to Recognize dialog box. This is the name of the field to search for in your table of addresses.
- Click OK.
- To delete a field name, select the name you want to delete, click Delete on the Input Fields dialog box, then click OK.
- Click OK on the Address Locator Properties dialog box to save the settings.