After an address locator is created, you can view or modify the settings of the locator. See the About modifying an address locator's settings topic for more information about components and matching options in an address locator that you can view or modify.
- In ArcCatalog, right-click the address locator you want to modify and click Properties to open the Address Locator Properties dialog box.
- Click the Expand button or double-click the section name to expand the section.
- Click an editable setting and make changes.
The options for a locator setting are presented as one of the following controls:
- Text box—Type a value in the text box.
- Drop-down menu—Click the drop-down arrow and choose an option from the menu.
- Additional dialog box—Click the Ellipsis button at the end of the locator setting to open the dialog box for more controls.
- Click OK to save the settings and close the dialog box.
Read-only settings are displayed in gray. The locator settings displayed in black can be edited and saved.