A file geodatabase is a collection of files in a folder on disk. Personal geodatabases are stored in Microsoft Access databases (.mdb files), which are also stored in a folder on disk. Therefore, to connect to a file or personal geodatabase, create a connection to the folder that contains the geodatabase.
- Do one of the following to create a connection to the folder that contains the geodatabase:
- Click the Connect To Folder button on the Standard toolbar.
- Right-click Folder Connections and choose Connect To Folder.
- Browse to the location of the folder on the local or network computer.
- Click OK to establish the folder connection.
- Expand the folder.
- Click the file or personal geodatabase to which you want to connect.
You are now connected to the geodatabase.