Range filters have two values, the minimum and maximum. The first value in the list is the minimum. The range is inclusive, meaning the minimum and maximum are valid choices. These are used with Long and Double data types.
Follow the steps below to set the Range filter on a model parameter:
- In the Catalog window or ArcToolbox window, right-click the model tool and click Properties. Or do one of the following:
- In the ModelBuilder menu, click Model > Model Properties.
- Right-click anywhere on the model diagram and click Model Properties.
- Click the Parameters tab.
- Select the Long or Double type parameter for which you want to apply the filter, click the parameter's Filter cell, choose the Range filter from the filter list, then click OK as shown in the illustration below:
This opens a window to enter the minimum and maximum range values.
- Enter the values as shown in the illustration above and click OK.
Now you can open the model tool dialog box and enter a value. If the value is greater than the specified range (1 to 10 in this example), a red error icon will appear beside the parameter. Clicking the red icon will open the error message as shown in the illustration below: