Available with 3D Analyst license.
In some cases, 3D lines may need vertical segments. One example would be an elevator shaft within an interior transportation network. A 3D line segment can be constructed vertically using the Vertical tool in a positive or negative direction.
- Start a 3D edit session from the 3D Editor toolbar.
- Click the line feature template on the Create Features window and click the Line construction tool.
- Click inside the 3D view to create at least one vertex.
- Right-click and click Vertical on the context menu.
- Click once to digitize the endpoint of the segment.
- Click Save Edits from the 3D Editor drop-down menu to save your vertical line.
If the 3D Editor toolbar is not visible, add it to the display from the Customize menu.
You can continue adding segments, or press the F2 key to complete the sketch after digitizing the endpoint of the vertical line segment.