ArcGIS Publisher delivers the capability to easily share and distribute your maps and GIS data. ArcGIS Publisher is an optional extension you can install on your ArcGIS Desktop. Publisher converts ArcMap (.mxd) and ArcGlobe (.3dd) documents into the published map format (.pmf) used with ArcReader. Published maps from ArcMap are two dimensional (2D), while those published from ArcGlobe are three dimensional (3D).
ArcGIS Publisher can do the following:
- Easily provide interactive maps to your users.
- Protect your maps, including cartography and data, from inappropriate use.
- Create rich interactive maps that meet your users' needs.
- Provide efficient and controlled access to your enterprise GIS data.
- Easily package the required data and maps for distribution.
- Build custom versions of ArcReader for your viewing audience.