Available with 3D Analyst license.
Global mode is most useful when navigating the globe from large distances or when you want a strict top-down (2D) view of your data. Global mode is only available in ArcGlobe. To initiate global mode, follow these steps:
- Click the Navigate tool on the Tools toolbar.
- Click the globe and drag it to the right. This rotates the data counterclockwise around the north–south axis.
- Right-click the globe and drag down. This zooms in to the globe. This is the same functionality as the 3D Zoom In/Out tool.
- If your mouse has one, the 3D Zoom In/Out tool is also exposed on the mouse wheel by rolling forward and backward.
- You can change the mouse wheel direction of the zoom from the General tab of the Customize > ArcGlobe Options dialog box.