Available with 3D Analyst license.
ArcGlobe allows you to set the location of the sun, thereby using light and shading to add more realism to the time of day being displayed.
- In the ArcGlobe table of contents, right-click Globe layers and click Globe Properties.
- Click the Sun Position tab.
- Check Enable sun lighting.
- Set the position of the sun by doing one of the following:
- Click inside the world map control.
- Type in the latitude and longitude.
- Specify a time.
- Optionally, move the Ambient Light slider to indicate how bright you want the unlit side of the globe to be.
- Click OK.
Press Now to update the time controls with the current date and time.