Available with 3D Analyst license.
You can select features in ArcScene using a SQL-based expression against their attributes as part of your 3D editing or 3D analysis processes.
The Select By Attributes dialog box helps you define one or more criteria of the SQL expression that can consist of attributes, operators, and calculations. The resulting selection of features on the given layer meet those criteria.
If you have any fields that have been turned off for the layer or table you are working with, they will not be listed on the Select By Attributes dialog box. Field visibility is set on the Fields tab of the Layer Properties dialog box or from the Table Options drop-down list inside the Table window.
- Click Selection on the Main menu and click Select By Attributes.
- Click the Layer drop-down arrow and click the layer containing the features you want to select.
- Click the Method drop-down arrow and click a selection method.
- Double-click a field to add the field name to the expression box.
- Click an operator to add it to the expression. For example, the equals sign.
- Click Get Unique Values to see the values for the selected field. Then double-click a value to add it to the expression.
- Optionally, click Verify to check your selection expression.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close. The features are selected.