Available with Production Mapping license.
You can also define coordinates using the Pinprick tool, which allows you to click anywhere on the map display and retrieve the coordinates of that location. The coordinates are also specified based on the coordinate display format you are using.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
- Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.
- Choose a row in the grid on the Input tab by clicking the row header cell.
- Click the Pinprick button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The mouse pointer changes to a crosshair.
- Select a point feature by clicking and dragging a selection box, or click anywhere on the map display to copy coordinates to the coordinates grid on the Input tab.
Coordinates for the point appears in the Latitude and Longitude columns in the Input tab for the Coordinates area.