Available with Production Mapping license.
To create new geometries from existing features, you may need to create lines based on points calculated by other functions or vertices within a geometry. The Create Segment tool allows you to do this using two selected point geometries.
Using the Geodetic library, this tool creates a geodesic segment, which is the shortest surface path connecting two points and is actually a geodensified curve. With the Cartesian library, the segment roughly approximates a geodesic segment.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
- Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.
- Verify that the feature builder scratch dataset is loaded in your map.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Choose the feature builder scratch database as your editing workspace.
- Select two point geometries.
- Click the Create Segment button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
A segment appears between the two points.