Available with Business Analyst license.
Use the Analyses tab to select the trade area output style and group layer and set the market penetration ratio multiplier and geoprocessing options.
The Analyses tab allows you to set defaults for trade area appearance and specify group layer naming for organization of customer, store, and analysis layers that are added to the map document. Options are also provided that affect market penetration and geoprocessing.
Trade Area Output Style
The Fill Trade Area rings check box allows you to fill trade areas with a colored polygon. Un-checking this produces transparent spaces between each ring. By default, these areas are filled with transparent color. You can change the amount of transparency or make the colors opaque by right-clicking the layer, clicking Properties, then clicking the Display tab. You can vary the transparency from 0 percent (opaque) to 100 percent (invisible).
Under the Group Layer heading you have the following options:
- Check the Add Business Analyst output (stores, customers, trade areas, etc.) to a group layer check box to group your output together in the table of contents.
- Under Group Layer name you can change the name of the group layer. The default name is Group Layer.
- Select the Update name of group layer when active project is changed radio button to indicate when the active project is changed.
- Select the Update name of group layer when active analysis extent is changed radio button to indicate when the active analysis extent is changed. Choosing active analysis extent is helpful when you have many analysis extents and want to ensure that you are pointing to the correct areas.
- Select the Do not update group layer name radio button when you want no changes made to your group layer name.
Market Penetration Options
To set market penetration, type a value in the Penetration ratio multiplier text box to set the market penetration. For example, If the value is 100 and your output is 150 then the penetration is 50 percent more likely in that area.
Under the Geoprocessing Options heading you have two check boxes:
- Check the Attach store attributes to the Trade Areas check box to join store attributes to your trade area attributes table. This is helpful if you want to examine which layers that the trade areas were originally created.
- the Use Business Analyst project folders as default output workspace check box to keep the analysis output to the Business Analyst project structure. Uncheck if you are working with Geoprocessing tools and don't want the output to go to a Business Analyst project structure but to an independent location.