Available with Business Analyst license.
Balancing territories can be done at various stages of territory design. For example, you can choose to balance territories when creating a territory solution or after you have set up your territories. You can also re-balance territories at any time to meet your desired criteria. Variables in your alignment layer, or imported variables, can be used in the balancing process.
You can balance your territory level by using existing territory elements or by expanding the territory coverage area, thereby using the surrounding, unassigned elements.
- Choose a territory from the Territory level to balance drop-down list and decide whether you want to work within the existing territory coverage area or whether you want to expand the area.
- Expand territory coverage area - expands territories using surrounding unassigned elements.
- Work only in current territory coverage area -
- In the resultant window you have the option to generate a Compare Territory Solutions Report so you can compare your territories before and after balancing. You will add a Report title and Report name for the report.
- Click Setup Level Parameters... if you need to redefine balancing elements. Once you are satisfied with you parameters click Finish.