Available with Business Analyst license.
Properly allocated territories are a key component of any successful business. With Territory Design, you can set up, modify, and manage territories in a variety of ways. You may have stagnant territories that you want to reexamine or start fresh with no inherent knowledge of your company's newly acquired region. You might want to base your territories on franchise or customer locations. You might have a simple list of sales people and their accounts by location. These are all scenarios you can solve with Territory Design.
The Create Territories... command is used to create new or recreate existing territories in a territory solution. You can also add additional hierarchical levels during this process.
Here are some territory creation options:
- Create territories from seed points - This option can be used if you have a point layer with unique locations, called seed points. The unique locations are often your offices or stores.
- Create territories from optimal locations - This option can be used if you have no seed points. This divides geographical objects of the alignment layer into clusters with equal weight and selects the best location of each cluster as the territory center .
- Create territories from centers of density - This option can be used if you have no seed points. Virtual centers are automatically found based on areas of dense locations or attributes.
- Importing territories from a database - This option can be used if you have a territory solution in table format such as a .dbf. This dialog box will help you map the appropriate fields to ensure that they are being imported into each territory level correctly.
- Manually create territories - This option can be used to select and assign territories freehand from the map.