Available with Business Analyst license.
Use the Misc tab to manage items for spatial reference, reports, map elements, and online data.
You can check the appropriate check boxes to activate the Spatial Reference options.
- Automatically update map projection (recommended for Business Analyst)
- Show warning when starting ArcMap
When checked, a warning appears when ArcMap starts. This reminds you that the dynamic projection is enabled and may conflict with other work. By default, Business Analyst MXDs and data are stored in the Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere.
You can customize your reports under the Report Settings section with the following options:
- The Show callout bubbles in reports check box enables you to see informative callouts in Segmentation reports. The callout bubbles refer to the circles, with arrows, that link report content to a section containing information about the same report content. These guide you through the output of Segmentation reports.
- The Choose Project Explorer Report Template drop-down menu allows you to select the default summary report for use in the Project Explorer. Once a report is selected, you can right-click on a trade area within the Project Explorer and select Create Report to instantly create a demographic report within the report wizards.
- The Choose default report style drop-down menu enables you to select the default report style. You can choose from modern and classic style.
- The User name field allows you to enter a name that will appear on some reports.
ArcMap checks, Barriers, and online data
- By checking the Enable ArcMap datum check check box, warning dialogs will be displayed when performing coordinate transformations.
- The Display Network Barriers Group Layer check box automatically adds a Network Barrier layer to any MXD if Business Analyst is installed.
As an example, you can add a boundary file representing a high traffic area to avoid and then run drive-time trade areas. The high traffic area will not be considered in your analysis.
You can add a Business Analyst Network Barrier by right-clicking Network Barriers in the Project Explorer and selecting Add New.... The layer will be added to the Business Analyst Repository.
You can also right-click on a layer in the table of contents to make it a barrier. Right-click on the layer and select Add as a Barrier to Business Analyst. The layer will be added to the Business Analyst Repository.
An example of a polygon barrier is below. The drive-time trade area in yellow avoids the street segments in the area.
- The Show online credit usage check box shows the credit consumption information in the wizard user interface. This is checked by default. Further information regarding ArcGIS Online service credits can be found here: Online access in Business Analyst.
- The Prefer Online Data check box enables you select online data as the default data source when locally installed and online data are available. The frequent updates to online data is one benefit of using it over local data. However, online data will consume credits. To ensure that local data is used over online data, either uncheck the Prefer Online Data option or sign out of your ArcGIS Online organization.