Available with Business Analyst license.
The Segmentation tab allows you to control settings for the Segmentation module add-on for Business Analyst.
Segmentation Data Layer
The Segmentation Data Layer drop-down menu allows you to choose the demographic geography layer you want to use in segmentation analyses. BlockGroups are the default setting and are the most granular level because they represent a neighborhood size. However, you can choose to target larger boundaries such as ZIPCodes.
Segmentation Geographic Profile Method
The Segmentation Geographic Profile Method determines the level of detail for the assigned segments. There are three options you can choose:
- Assign only regions that have their geographic centroid in the trade area—Only those segments that have the geographic centroid contained within the trade area will be used in the analysis.
- Assign any partially contained region as a part of the Area Summarization—Segments that intersect the trade will be used in the analysis. This is the default method.
- Use the Block Centroid weighting approach—The weighted centroid retrieval approach uses Census Block data to better assigned segments that are not exclusively contained within a trade area.
Check the Do not use unclassified segment check box to use unclassified segments in the analysis.
Segmentation bar chart width scaled with:
The Segmentation bar chart width scaled with: has three options:
- Percent Composition—Bar chart width is scaled by percent segment composition.
- Percent Penetration—Bar chart width is scaled by percent penetration—that is, segments that are actual customer segments.
- None (all bars will have same width)—Chart bars are the same width. This is the default method.