Available with Data Reviewer license.
After a record is corrected, it is customary to have another person verify the correction and ensure it is acceptable. The verification process is similar to the correction process in that it involves interacting with the Reviewer table record and updating table information. During the verification process, the record is visited and its correction reviewed. The verification status is also provided to indicate whether it is acceptable.
If the record is marked as Unacceptable, its state is reverted to Reviewed. This allows the record to be reviewed and corrected again so it can be verified. As of the 10.3 release, this is the only method that allows you to update the status of a record once it has been verified. If a record is marked as Acceptable, its status cannot be changed.
Once the verification status is chosen, the verification process is complete, and the VERIFICATIONTECHNICIAN, VERIFICATIONDATE, and VERIFICATIONSTATUS fields are populated for the record or records that have been verified. If you have verified a number of records at the same time, you can update the verification status for all of them at the same time.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- Start a Reviewer session in one of the following:
- Click the Reviewer Table button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
- Select one or more records in the Reviewer table.
- Right-click the record or records and click Enter Verification Status.
The Update Results dialog box appears. The current status of the selected records is displayed at the top of the dialog box.
- Click the Evaluation drop-down arrow and choose an option.
- Acceptable—The correction is acceptable.
- Unacceptable—Further changes must be made.
- Optionally type a description to use for the verification status in the Description text box.
For example, you can type Rereview as a description.
- Click OK.
The VERIFICATIONTECHNICIAN, VERIFICATIONDATE, and VERIFICATIONSTATUS fields are updated for the selected record or records.