Available with Standard or Advanced license.
For digital Image City Maps (DICMs), a list of bookmarks can be generated for the Guide to Numbered Features (GNF) instead of a Single GNF element. The list of bookmarks contains the same content as the element but is accessible from the Bookmarks menu. Each bookmark zooms to the corresponding feature in the map.
The ICM Create GNF Bookmark List tool creates one bookmark for each feature in the ComplexOutline_A feature class. The bookmarks are categorized based on the Category (CAT) attribute value, and the Number, Grid Reference, and Name information is populated based on the Identification Number (IDN), MGRS, and Name (NAM) attribute values, respectively.
For instance, the San Diego Convention Center is number 3 in the bookmarks list above. If you click the bookmark, the map is adjusted so the feature is in the center of the map.
- Start ArcMap.
- Add ICM data to the map, ensuring that the ComplexOutline_A feature class is included.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Choose the ComplexOutline_A feature class in the table of contents.
- On the Defense Mapping toolbar, click Defense Mapping > ICM Tools > ICM Create GNF Bookmark List.
The ICM Create GNF Bookmark List message box appears once the processing is complete.
- Click OK.