The Topographic Data Store (TDS) geodatabase has many relationships for feature-level and attribute-level metadata. You can create and manage relationships between topographic features and the metadata tables with the TDS Metadata toolbar and the metadata favorites that are accessed through the toolbar.
Favorites are feature-level and related metadata information for a specific combination of the metadata. Once you create favorites, you manage and edit them in the TDS Metadata window. You select, rename, or delete a favorite.
The following are the TDS metadata tables and descriptions of each.
- TDS_META_FAVS—Stores the name of the favorite and the metadata information for constraint link, feature-level metadata, and resource link
- TDS_META_REL_DEST_OBJECTS—Stores the favorite UFI and specifies the destination table and key
- TDS_META_REL_DEST_TABLES—Stores the table name and key fields
- TDS_META_REL_ORIG_TABLES—Stores the foreign and primary keys
Accessing the TDS Metadata window
The window can be accessed through the TDS Metadata toolbar, which is enabled if you have the TDS metadata tables in the TDS geodatabase and you start an edit session.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data from the TDS geodatabase.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > TDS Metadata.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Show TDS Metadata Favorites Window button on the TDS Metadata toolbar.
The TDS Metadata window is docked by default.
The TDS Metadata toolbar is enabled.
Selecting a favorite
You can select a favorite to apply to your edit session. You can select a favorite from the TDS Metadata toolbar or through the TDS Metadata window. When you are managing favorites in the TDS Metadata window, it’s helpful to be able to switch the selection.
- Right-click an existing favorite in the TDS Metadata window and click Select Favorite.
Renaming a favorite
You can rename a favorite to make it more applicable to the metadata fields and values it contains.
Right-click an existing favorite in the TDS Metadata window and click Rename Favorite.
The Rename Favorite dialog box appears.
- Type a new name for the favorite in the Name text box.
- Click OK.
The favorite is renamed.
You can choose to delete a favorite and all the related objects within it once it is not useful anymore.
Right-click an existing favorite and click Delete Favorite.
The favorite and all relationships are deleted.