The Manage BIS Settings tool allows you to modify your active Bathymetry Information System (BIS) connection settings. The tool also allows you to change the connection alias and modify BIS details stored in the BisDetails table in the BIS geodatabase.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > Bathymetry on the main menu to activate the Bathymetry toolbar if necessary.
Click the Manage BIS Settings button on the Bathymetry toolbar.
The Manage BIS Settings dialog box appears. The settings for your active BIS geodatabase is shown in the dialog box. The location of the BIS database and coordinate system are read-only and cannot be changed.
- Ensure that the System pane is active.
- In the Settings section, type a new alias name for the active BIS geodatabase in the BIS Local Alias text box.
- If you are an administrator and need to rename the BIS geodatabase, type a new name in the BIS Name text box in the BIS Details section.
Changing the name of the BIS geodatabase updates the internal name of the BIS. It does not change the name of the database itself or modify the database connection. The BIS Name value is stored within the BIS geodatabase and is defined by the BIS administrator. if you are not an administrator, it is highly recommended that you do not change the BIS name.
- Type a new description in the BIS Description text box.
- Click OK.
Your updated BIS geodatabase settings are saved.