The Explore Bathymetry window allows you to filter datasets by metadata values and provides you with the ability to preview your filtered datasets as a single, seamless surface. Once you have added your previewed surface to the Table Of Contents window, you can continue to update your filtered list of datasets and watch your Explore Bathymetry Preview mosaic layer update dynamically. As your filtered dataset list changes, the Explore Bathymetry Preview layer will respond by only displaying the datasets that remain in the filtered list.
This functionality pertains to filtering by properties and extended, collection, or internal metadata, as well as spatially filtering datasets that intersect the current data frame extent.
You can visualize the datasets on the screen using the following steps:
- Click the Explore Bathymetry button on the Bathymetry toolbar to open the Explore Bathymetry window.
- Click the Preview button .
The Explore Bathymetry Preview and Bathymetry Data Index mosaic layers are added to the Table Of Contents window.
- Optionally load a filter file or manually apply filters as necessary.
As the filtered list updates, the Explore Bathymetry Preview mosaic layer will update and display only the footprints of the datasets that still remain in the filtered list.
- Optionally check the Image sublayer of the Explore Bathymetry Preview layer.
The datasets are now visualized on the screen.
Once the Explore Bathymetry Preview mosaic layer has been added to the Table Of Contents window, the ability to select dataset footprints from the Footprint sublayer becomes enabled. As dataset footprints are selected on the map or in the table view, the equivalent datasets in the Explore Bathymetry Filtered Datasets list will be selected as well. This behavior works the same way when datasets from the Filtered Datasets list are selected; their equivalent footprints from the Explore Bathymetry Preview mosaic layer will be selected. This selection synchronization allows more robust exploration of your bathymetry data since it provides additional options for highlighting links between the metadata of your datasets and the geospatial context that goes along with them.
- Add Explore Bathymetry Preview to the Table Of Contents window.
- Select a dataset from the Filtered Datasets list in the Explore Bathymetry window.
The footprint of the dataset is selected on the map.
- Click the Select Features button on the Tools toolbar to select datasets on the map.
The datasets you selected on the map are automatically selected in the Filtered Datasets list.
- Right-click the Footprint sublayer in the Table Of Contents window and click Open Attribute Table from the context menu.
The records selected in the Filtered Datasets list are selected in the Attribute Table window that appears.
Selecting a different dataset from the Attribute Table window automatically updates the selection in the Filtered Datasets list on the Explore Bathymetry window to match the datasets selected in the Attribute Table.
- To switch the Filtered Datasets list between all the datasets returned by the applied filters, click the Show All Datasets button . Alternatively click the Show Selected Datasets button to view datasets whose footprints are currently selected in the Explore Bathymetry Preview layer.