When upgrading to a newer version of ArcGIS Bathymetry, you may be prompted to upgrade your existing BIS geodatabases. Upgrading your BIS geodatabases will make them incompatible with previous versions of the Bathymetry Solution. In most cases, an active connection to one of your BIS geodatabases will be carried over from the previous version. If this is the case, you will immediately be prompted to run the upgrade process when you open the Manage Connections dialog box. If you don't have an active connection, connect to and activate a BIS connection to start the upgrade process.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > Bathymetry on the main menu to activate the Bathymetry toolbar if necessary.
- Click the Manage Connections button on the Bathymetry toolbar.
The Manage Connections dialog box appears.
Check the Active check box for the BIS workspace you want to upgrade.
The following message appears.
- Click OK to return to the Manage Connections dialog box.
- Click the icon next to the BIS you want to upgrade.
The following error message appears, notifying you that the workspace is out of date and asking if you would like to upgrade.
- Click Yes.
The Manage Connections dialog box appears with an upgrade message.
- Read the instructions listed.
- Click OK.
The Upgrading BIS workspace status dialog box appears.
- Optionally click Save log to save a text file of the messages on the Results tab.
This can be used to review or archive the upgrade steps performed on the BIS workspace.
- Click Close when the process completes.
All BIS users need to have the latest version of the Bathymetry Solution installed before they can access the upgraded BIS geodatabase.
For enterprise workspaces, you will need to close and restart ArcMap before you can use the upgraded BIS geodatabase.