The Batch Copy Paste tool allows you to copy and paste an entire selection set of features from different feature classes into their respective feature templates in the edit workspace.
This enhances the original copy and paste functionality by allowing you to paste into multiple templates instead of just one at a time. You can use the Batch Copy Paste tool within the same geodatabase or between multiple geodatabases.
- Same geodatabase—Copies and pastes selected features within the same geodatabase or edit workspace.
- Multiple geodatabases—Copies and pastes selected features from multiple geodatabases to the same edit workspace. The source geodatabase, in this case, can still be your edit workspace but can also be from multiple geodatabases loaded into ArcMap.
The copied features are pasted in the same spatial location as the selected features and are now your currently selected set of features.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load the data.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Nautical.
- Select the features in the map to be copied and pasted.
Features must be selected for the tool to run.
- Click the Batch Copy Paste button on the Nautical toolbar.
The Batch Copy Paste dialog box appears.
- Choose an option for the compilation scale setting.
- Overwrite compilation scale with—All the pasted features will have the currently set compilation scale value.
- Maintain compilation scale—The compilation scale value for the pasted features will remain the same as it was in the source before being pasted.
A process dialog box appears.
When the process is complete, the Batch Copy Paste dialog box appears asking if you want to view the log file.
- Click Yes to view the log file, or click No if you do not want to view the log file.