Available with Network Analyst license.
Additional source feature classes can be added to network datasets in geodatabases only. Moreover, the feature classes must have simple line or point geometry and reside in the same feature dataset as the network dataset. Custom feature classes cannot be added as sources to a network dataset.
- Open the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
- Click the Sources tab to see the list of sources participating in the network.
- Click Add.
The Add Network Sources dialog box opens.
- Click the source you want to add from the list and click OK.
If the source that is added changes the connectivity, modify the connectivity settings and the elevation field settings.
If the source that is added changes the values for attributes, edit the attributes.
- Click OK to close the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
- In the Catalog window, right-click the network dataset and click Build.
The network must be rebuilt to reestablish the connectivity, recalculate affected attributes, and update the network elements.