Available with Network Analyst license.
When you add a travel mode to a network dataset, you specify override values for a group of properties that describes the movement and behavior of a car, truck, pedestrian, or other travel mode. Each time you perform a network analysis, you can choose a preconfigured travel mode and thereby avoid defining and redefining the properties that travel modes override.
- Open the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
- Click the Travel Modes tab.
If any travel modes are present, they are listed in the Travel Modes drop-down list.
Click the Add button .
The Add New Travel Mode dialog box appears.
- Type the name of the travel mode you want to model.
If other travel modes are already present, you can quickly create a new travel mode based on an old one. Choose an existing travel mode in the Copy From drop-down menu and its override settings are applied to the new travel mode. You can make minor adjustments to the settings to model the new mode.
- Click OK to close the Add New Travel Mode dialog box.
- With Travel Mode set to the name you typed in the previous step, choose the override settings.
- Click OK to close the Network Dataset Properties dialog box.
The new travel mode is added to the network dataset. (It is unnecessary to build the network dataset.)