Available with Production Mapping license.
The Storage Type property indicates whether you want to use the product library geodatabase or a location in the file system to store files associated with the solution. The default value is Database, which means the product library is going to be used to store the files. File System allows you to choose a directory on your computer or a network location for storing the files.
You can choose the storage type when you are creating the new solution through the New Solution dialog box, or after the solution is created through the Solution Properties dialog box.
- Start ArcMap.
- If you do not have the New Solution dialog box open, right-click an existing solution from the Product Library tree view and click Properties to open the Solution Properties dialog box.
- Click the cell next to Storage Type.
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose an option for the storage type to use for the files associated with the solution.
- Database—If you want to use the product library to store the files
- File System—If you want to choose a directory on your computer or a network location for storing the files
- Click OK.