Available with Standard or Advanced license.
Available with Production Mapping license.
Production Mapping provides several functions for working with multipart features.
For instance, you can copy geometry from part of the feature as a new feature active template. This creates a new feature in the template's layer that has the geometry of the selected part of the original feature. The original feature and all its parts are not removed.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select a multipart feature.
- Ensure that the template you want to use to create new features is set as the active template on the Create tab of the Manage Features window.
- Click the Edit Vertices button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Right-click a node on the feature and click Copy Part to Target.
A new feature is created with the geometry of the selected part of the feature and the attributes of the template.